ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Question] asrock taichi x370 with Ryzen 9 3900x
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Question] asrock taichi x370 with Ryzen 9 3900x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Question] asrock taichi x370 with Ryzen 9 3900x
    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:21am
1. Yes, X370 Taichi has enough oopmh to run even the 3900.
2. You would probably need to update the BIOS first, and then switch the chips.
3. Plenty. Even now PB2 won't work on 300-series chipsets. Same goes for PCIe 4.0 and others.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by WillyMcFly WillyMcFly wrote:

Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

1. Yes, X370 Taichi has enough oopmh to run even the 3900.
2. You would probably need to update the BIOS first, and then switch the chips.
3. Plenty. Even now PB2 won't work on 300-series chipsets. Same goes for PCIe 4.0 and others.

Alright thank you.

So Will I be overclock limited? Will it slow down any of my other components such as my GPU, Ram, or NVME drives?

OK, please take no offense, but you asking this question tells me that overclocking is not for you. Not at least if you just want to start now.

It's that simple - want a quick and solid solution? Get a new RAM. Want to start OC? If you have the time and the nerves, now it's a good time.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:46am
If your RAM works fine now, there is a great chance it will work just as great with the new Ryzen 3000s.

Your mobo alone can handle all the power to OC even the 3900. All sources say it's a 105W chip. Given the new 7nm lithography I personally expect it to reach 200-300W on heavy OC, which the Taichi can handle fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic