ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

<ProductKey> without assistance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patelli1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <ProductKey> without assistance
    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 12:01am
Hello everyone,

I would like to reinstall windows 10 on my computer equipped with a B85M Pro3 motherboard.
The problem is that I set up the installation program on a USB stick and an error message appears that could be translated into "Windows can't read the parameter <ProductKey> from the responses file without assistance".

I found on some forum that it could be because the key of the previous Windows install I made is registered on the motherboard memory and that it can be removed from the BIOS. However I don't know how to do that if it is the real cause.

Please help me out and tell me if it is the cause and if so help me fix it.
Thanks for helping the newbie
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:58am
OEM versions of Windows 8 and 10 have the KEY embedded in the OEM motherboard BIOS, you can use a tool like Nirsoft produkey or Neosmarts OEM Product Key Tool to retrieve the KEY from the OEM motherboard. You need to boot up the old motherboard in order for either tool to work, if that board is dead then you cannot retreive the key.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
Patelli1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patelli1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 4:42am
Okay I think there is a missunderstanding.
My problem is that I had the same hardware with a Win10 running on it but I want to reinstall a new clean version of Win10 as I don't have the admin access anymore. The problem is that this problem pops up. In order to solve this I need to remove the key/password for windows that has been saved on my motherboard.
Thanks for helping the newbie
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 9:31am
Only OEM motherboards store the key in the BIOS, if your motherboard is retail then the key is not saved to the motherboard. If you are using an OEM version (not retail) of Windows then it may expect to see a key either in the BIOS or in an OEM installation script. Retail Windows 10 comes on a DVD unless you purchase direct from Microsoft Store which would include a KEY and instructions.
Are you trying to re-install to the same harddrive that Windows 10 is already on ? Without Admin access you cannot overwrite the existing Windows unless you wipe the drive with a 3rd party tool (like Acronis).
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic