ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - High Temperatures (Ryzen 3 2200G) on Asrock A300
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

High Temperatures (Ryzen 3 2200G) on Asrock A300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Temperatures (Ryzen 3 2200G) on Asrock A300
    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
Hello,

I recently bought a Asrock A300 barebone and the temperature on my ryzen 3 2200G are too hot..

I managed to insert the stock cooler CPU (not the little one provided with the Asrock A300), so I thought the temperature will be good enough but I can see my CPU run quickly at +82°C after only 5 minutes of OCCT basic test.. the coooler is well fixed I verified this point

The CPU Vcore reported by occt is 1,34V during load, at the default motherboard settings.

I think it's too much and provoque this high temperature whereas the graphic part of the cpu isn't even working..

I'm a litlle disappointed but I saw in the bios (up to date) that we can set the voltage about SOC voltage vid :

"CPU Configuration
SOC Voltage(VID)
Configure the voltage for the VID-requested SOC supply level."

Can I set a better voltage for my CPU instead of let "auto" setting ?

Thank's
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 3:54am
Running a stress test will always yield higher than normal operational temps, particularly in such a small enclosure. Stress testing is not something most people use anymore, at least not for a system that isn't overclocked. I remember a time when I stress tested every system I built, often upwards of 5 a day and nothing left our workshop without at least 8 hours of stress testing. These days, that is a hell of a lot of a beating to put your hardware through and really not worth doing. With hardware advances stress testing is only useful testing the stability of an overclock, stock settings are much more thoroughly tested at the factory than they once were and a built in margin of error is always present (a CPU stable at say 4.1ghz will be capped at 3.9 for example).

If you have not already, get rid of the stock thermal paste on the cooler and apply some quality thermal compound, I use Arctic MX-4 as I find it cleans up easily and works pretty well for a cheaper compound.

Edited by Xaltar - 04 Jul 2019 at 3:55am
Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:17am
I think that for this small machine I made (with ryzen 3 2200G) that running stress test (not the hardest test on occt, and with just cpu part on load at 100%, not de graphics part on the cpu) isn't as heavy as certain game load (that will sollicitate graphics part as well).

I'm still thinking that this occt partial load on the cpu in this case, witch is very airy should not make the cpu heat this lot, that the reason why I rhink cpu voltage is to high..

I own other thermal paste but not sure it will do something, but I will try. thx
Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:42am
Changed thermal paste for grizzly kryonaut and my cpu still opetrate at 83+°C after 3min of occt test.. (at tha same time that last time, I mean 3 min last post)
Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:58am
In the review of hardware.fr

[URL= ]https://www.hardware.fr/articles/973-4/overclocking-cpu.html[/URL]

They also observe a high default voltage for the ryzen 3 2200G on their own machine.. on their side, they OC the CPU @ 3.9Ghz at 1.325V, on the asrock A300, my CPU works at 1.34V by defaut.

The Asrock A300 offers large entries to ambiant air for the aircooling system, and I installed the stock cooler of the CPU (after removing some pieces of it) I think the CPU should not be so hot whereas its graphic part is not even in load ...

I think it would be cool if asrock could include a bios control for the cpu volage.. even on a narrow interval..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic