ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570: no post after enabling NVMe RAID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benhighley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570: no post after enabling NVMe RAID
    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:33am
I have a newly bought 3600X, X570 Phantom Gaming 4, and two EX920 NVMe M.2 SSDs. I am using an old 970 as the video card while I wait for an AIB 5700xt.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware. If I set nvme raid to disabled, I can boot into an OS, see both M.2 drives, etc. But when I turn nvme raid on in the UEFI settings, I can save the change and restart, but then the computer just hangs on the "press F2 to enter setup, press F11 to open the boot menu, etc" screen. I cannot enter the UEFI settings or do any kind of boot anymore. I have to clear the CMOS, after which I am able to boot properly, but that resets nvme raid to disabled.

It does not make a difference whether I enable or disable CSM. I am on UEFI version 1.2, which is the latest. Any help?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:17pm
in the storage menu is your system in ahci or raid mode
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic