ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NVME SSD not detected after Ryzen 3900x swap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 10:36pm
It will take Asrock months to produce a decent bios for the various boards.. Thats why I abandoned x370, they'll be the last to be updated... I really wish I now would have went went a Gigabyte x570 instead of the taichi x570. Gigabyte seems to be on the ball with the bios updates..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 12:16am
Well the unofficial agesa 1.0.0.3 for my fatality ab350 itx isn't that bad...
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:38am
Anyone with nvme boot issue tried the new bios version 6.0?
hinchyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hinchyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:41am
NVME still isn't fixed with latest update. Running Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac
hinchyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hinchyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:49am
Update: it's working now after a reset bios
Jnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:45pm
I have Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with Ryzen 5 2400G.
And oh boy, running Linux on it has been such a pain in the ass. When I got it a year ago it crashed daily. It has improved over time but it still freezes form time to time.

So, obviously I update BIOS whenever new versions come out with newer AMD AGESA versions.

From the BIOS side everything was fine up until Bios V5.30.
Then I skipped 5.60 and updated to 5.70 today and then sh*t hit the fan.

After update it got stuck in POST screen (graphical one). After waiting for a while (~5 minutes) I did restart with CRL+ALT+DEL but it did not help. I power cycled it and then after being stuck on the POST screen for a few minutes I got into BIOS settings.
Once I got into BIOS I noticed that nvme drive doesn't show up anymore.
I did reset CMOS and got nvme back in the list of devices.

But now the problem is that unless I power cycle, I can't get past the POST screen. I disabled graphical logo POST and I see that when it gets stuck, on the bottom right corner it stays at A0.
Then after power cycling it shows 99 and EFI boot loader appears and system boots fine.

The problem is that I can't reboot my system. I have to shut down and turn it back on manually.

I would try updating to 6.00 but it says that it is not recommended for old Ryzen users. WTF!?

And it also says that I can't downgrade my bios version. This is probably the first and last time I try ASRRock products.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:06pm
Bios V5.30 (or PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.6) is the last recommended version for Ryzen 5 2400G and the other Gen1, Gen2 Ryzens.
I do not understand, why Asrock (and other vendors too) do not make a clear note for that on the bios page.
AMD AGESA 0.0.7.2 after that was for the Athlon 2xxGE series APU.
This was the next step before AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1 (Matisse).
AGESA 0.0.7.2 should be named Combo-AM4 0.0.7.2
Thanks to AMD for this sh*t AGESA number scheme...

Your problem with Bios V5.30 probably was the incorrect RAM setting.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Jnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Thanks for reply.
Well, I tried both - defaults and XMP profile, it had the same results. And manually changing something would be just guessing since there was no documentation and it should probably just work out of the box.
But it certainly improved over time as new Linux versions were released so I guess AMD did some fixing.

ASRock downloads page warns only about V6.0 being not the best version for my apu but not the ones before.

From searching on the net it seems like other people have experienced similar problem as I am now experiencing with my system, but it is not clear if and how they managed to fix it.

Not sure if I should now change motherboard to something other than ASRock or wait for a fix.
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:15am
theres a high chance that a lot of issues with zen 2 / ryzen 3000 are directly related to faulty m2 implementation of the respective bios'.

after i installed the zen 2 cpu on my board and launched windows from the m2 it appeared as if the speed was like 100 times slower and i could not boot the windows anymore.

after that i tried to reinstall windows multiple times on the m2 again, but it either crashed during installation or randomly when the windows was up. id theres a very high chance something with the m2 and zen 2 is messed up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic