ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

deskmini310 CPUID Temperatures Abnormal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjosoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deskmini310 CPUID Temperatures Abnormal?
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:02pm
i buyed deskmini 310 (intel i5-8500) in last friday

this product..good...i like it..

but one question..

CPUID HWMonitor : https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

temperature ABNORMAL
--------------------
ASRock H310M-STX : Temperatres : TMPIN6, TMPIN8

show image..

TMPIN6 / TMPIN8 tempature....Abnormal? or Normal?

please answer about my question.
thank you.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
Dear Jjosoft,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock.

Regarding your question, HWMonitor tool is a third party tool which the temperature where it reference from is uncertain.

Thus we are not able to provide the support for any value shown on third party tool.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
Alexis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:58pm
to jjosoft
Same results on other software - HWiNFO, including CPUID

Deskmini 310/i7-8700
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:17pm
The same applies to both those tools Alexis, all those tools are 3rd party and are known for picking up "sensor" data from non-existent sources. This is often the case when the board is not fully supported by the software. There is a reason they all give you the option to ignore certain sensors/readings.

Generally speaking, if the temp isn't listed in the BIOS or the manufacturers own app then it isn't something to be concerned about. Even in cases where sensors do exist and read seemingly high, we don't know where those sensors are located and what their thresholds are. A sensor smack bang in the center of a CPU die (for example) may read in excess of 100c almost constantly but that isn't necessarily abnormal for that location and it may well be designed to function between say 100c and 120c during normal operation.

Long story short, if it isn't listed in your board's monitoring app (A-Tuning) then it isn't something to be concerned about. 99 times out of 100 these high readings in 3rd party monitoring apps are inaccurate, wrong or simply non existent and based on some random code the software is misinterpreting as sensor data.

Edited by Xaltar - 22 Jul 2019 at 10:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic