ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading a X370 Fatality Professional Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conraire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:59am
Well, I'm running a 3800X on my ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional gaming, with bios 5.30 Agesa 1.0.0.1. But, the caveat here, is I'm having stability issues.

The system posts and boots just fine, even with memory set to 3200mhz xmp profile. G. Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 cas14. But, core voltages in Ryzen Master, and HWinfo64 are peaking at 1.5v. Which seems a tad high. I tried offsetting the voltage by -.100 but was getting more frequent blue screens. Granted, not that I'm not already doing that...

Hopefully ASRock can get the new bios's out soon
Zwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:40pm
hi, i'm running ryzen 3600 on my x370 gaming k4 with latest 1001 agesa bios

it runs, and is stable. but it seems something is odd. base clock is 3.6ghz but it's running almost permanently on 4200 @ 1.38V allcore even at 5% cpu usage. at heavy load it boosts lower 4175 allcore - lol

i have my gflareX at 3200mhz currently. but not ramtest stable.
there may be room for more improvement with 1003 agesa with energy management
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

Originally posted by brucer brucer wrote:

Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

Faster as expected ;-)

X370 Professional Gaming - JZ BetaBIOS 5.61
1. Update Microcode AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3

https://shop.jzelectronic.de/news.php?id=1563435396&sw=
Have these been tested to work and not brick boards?

It is the same as Taichi X370 Beta Bios L5.61 with Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3
If you fear to brick the board, you anyway should not try to use the board with a new Ryzen until Asrock comes with the total final bios version and some users are saying: "Yes, everything is running fine"

I've updated to the 5.61 beta bios and have it working.. I'm running an all core overclock of 4.4ghz at 1.3925 vcore, memory is running at its rated 3000mhz 16-16-16-35....

One thing I have noticed at default settings the cpu is not getting to its advertised boost clocks.. It will only boost to 4.375ghz, should be hitting 4.5ghz.. I'm running a Cryorig H5u air cooler, temps dont get over 52c running four cinebench r20 runs continuously..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:50pm
I know I'll never buy another Asrock Amd board..

Its been the worst board as far as consistency,memory compatibility and timely bios updates goes than any board I've ever dealt with..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:10pm
I hate new Ryzen launches, love the new CPUs but all the headaches that come with every single new launch just gets to be too much. Here I go again needing to explain how BIOS updates work:

1. The Chipset vendor makes changes (AMD/Intel)
2. They update their core BIOS code (AGESA in the case of AMD)
3. This is given to motherboard manufacturers
4. Manufacturers tweak and adjust this to suit their individual products
5. This is then tested
6. You get a BIOS update when all checks out on the hardware tested
7. Bugs may be found on certain hardware combinations that were not tested

I am not defending or attacking ASRock, AMD or anyone else here but the BIOS update process is contingent on numerous factors, board partners (those that make motherboards for AMD or Intel chipsets) can't pull a BIOS update out of thin air, much of the code is proprietary to the vendor (AMD/Intel). I can assure you, all board partners are experiencing the same issues with AMDs, as usual, less than ready for prime time AGESA code. AMD is working with it's board partners to resolve these issues. Bare in mind they thought they had already worked it all out before launch but as usual failed to test with enough different hardware combinations and varied testing scenarios. They also pulled a fast one in leaving Ryzen 3000 series support on older AM4 boards up to the board partners.

Again, not bashing AMD here, they clearly have not worked out the kinks in their launch cycle yet but they get there in the end and the value is clearly there to make it worth the wait. Don't let early adoption teething issues make you resent your purchase (not just talking ASRock here). I wouldn't be a moderator here if I thought ASRock's products were substandard. ASRock certainly has it's issues but overall, I still stand by their products. That is saying a lot considering I have weathered 3 Ryzen launches now, each one wreaking havoc on early adopters nerves.

Hang in there, the issues will be ironed out.

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Jul 2019 at 11:11pm
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I hate new Ryzen launches, love the new CPUs but all the headaches that come with every single new launch just gets to be too much. Here I go again needing to explain how BIOS updates work:

1. The Chipset vendor makes changes (AMD/Intel)
2. They update their core BIOS code (AGESA in the case of AMD)
3. This is given to motherboard manufacturers
4. Manufacturers tweak and adjust this to suit their individual products
5. This is then tested
6. You get a BIOS update when all checks out on the hardware tested
7. Bugs may be found on certain hardware combinations that were not tested

I am not defending or attacking ASRock, AMD or anyone else here but the BIOS update process is contingent on numerous factors, board partners (those that make motherboards for AMD or Intel chipsets) can't pull a BIOS update out of thin air, much of the code is proprietary to the vendor (AMD/Intel). I can assure you, all board partners are experiencing the same issues with AMDs, as usual, less than ready for prime time AGESA code. AMD is working with it's board partners to resolve these issues. Bare in mind they thought they had already worked it all out before launch but as usual failed to test with enough different hardware combinations and varied testing scenarios. They also pulled a fast one in leaving Ryzen 3000 series support on older AM4 boards up to the board partners.

Again, not bashing AMD here, they clearly have not worked out the kinks in their launch cycle yet but they get there in the end and the value is clearly there to make it worth the wait. Don't let early adoption teething issues make you resent your purchase (not just talking ASRock here). I wouldn't be a moderator here if I thought ASRock's products were substandard. ASRock certainly has it's issues but overall, I still stand by their products. That is saying a lot considering I have weathered 3 Ryzen launches now, each one wreaking havoc on early adopters nerves.

So where is Asrock's bios for Ryzen3000 and the x370 Professional Gaming? I had to get a bios from a computer sales website from Denmark.. Nothing is posted on Asrocks website and its been 2 1/2 weeks since the new Ryzen launch.. That is completely unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:34am

I've been hanging in here since the first gen Ryzen launch and IT HAS NOT GOTTTEN ANY BETTER.

If the memory compatibility issues still exists when I put in these 3400mhz sticks in I'm receiving tomorrow I'm going to buy a Gigabyte board and break this $250 board over my knee and throw it in the garbage.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:45am
Originally posted by brucer brucer wrote:

I've been hanging in here since the first gen Ryzen launch and IT HAS NOT GOTTTEN ANY BETTER.

If the memory compatibility issues still exists when I put in these 3400mhz sticks in I'm receiving tomorrow I'm going to buy a Gigabyte board and break this $250 board over my knee and throw it in the garbage.

Been there, done that. Believe me, it's not worth it.

Better wait, crack open a cold one. They will fix it eventually.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:46am
too add... I will not run memory rated at 3200,3400 or 3600 at 2133mhz to appease Asrock's complete failure..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic