ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

1394 guid are invalid in both cmos and flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIUOIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 4:16pm
I have sasme proplem i need this file link did't work 
pleas help me

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by GIUOIP GIUOIP wrote:

I have sasme proplem i need this file link did't work 
pleas help me

Here ya go. Be sure to download v2.07A, which at the time of this post is the most current.

http://asrock.com/support/faq.us.asp?id=415

EDIT: I'll add here since most don't read the full page with the important note at the bottom of the download page:

""*For early models, please flash the MAC address with MAC Address Writer V1.17F.""

Edited by wardog - 24 Nov 2016 at 9:57pm
remey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:49pm
hi
the problem is as this:

''1394 GUI is invalid in CMOS and FLASH''
there is a 12 alpha-numeric char. set *****beside the ''1394''[not USB] header****[right beside[right side] the FDD mb connector] ON the mb itself.

the header at the bottom of the board is the fdd. but, this has a ***16 character**** set of numbers/letters not 12.
shud i use the 12 number set[the 1394 set]?

on the right side, midway, of the mb, there is a ''white sticker''. it has been mentioned that the numbers written here should be used
am confuse :(

this white sticker has 2 sets of numbers on it.

the first set has 12 characters...the other has...etc
...etc.  etc...just tell me what i shud do to sort this, ok.
it is a ''1394 gui'' error.

p.s. i purchased a 'new' BIOS chip for the board from a reputable source. i have bought previous chips for other boards[not ASROCK] and these worked perfectly as they were needed.
the BIOS purchased is dedicated for this particular one. thought the chip might sort it.

it didn't.

the POST page after replcaement of the chip, reads correctly as in, all details on the POST page were correct as far as i could make out.

the same error is present[question is how could it with a new chip] :(

to the asrock technician, kindly help me sort this.
am sure enough it is doable.
thanks.

Edited by remey - 22 Dec 2016 at 11:28pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by remey remey wrote:

hi
the problem is as this:

''1394 GUI is invalid in CMOS and FLASH''
there is a 12 alpha-numeric char. set *****beside the ''1394''[not USB] header****[right beside[right side] the FDD mb connector] ON the mb itself.

the header at the bottom of the board is the fdd. but, this has a ***16 character**** set of numbers/letters not 12.
shud i use the 12 number set[the 1394 set]?

on the right side, midway, of the mb, there is a ''white sticker''. it has been mentioned that the numbers written here should be used
am confuse :(

this white sticker has 2 sets of numbers on it.

the first set has 12 characters...the other has...etc
...etc.  etc...just tell me what i shud do to sort this, ok.
it is a ''1394 gui'' error.

p.s. i purchased a 'new' BIOS chip for the board from a reputable source. i have bought previous chips for other boards[not ASROCK] and these worked perfectly as they were needed.
the BIOS purchased is dedicated for this particular one. thought the chip might sort it.

it didn't.

the POST page after replcaement of the chip, reads correctly as in, all details on the POST page were correct as far as i could make out.

the same error is present[question is how could it with a new chip] :(

to the asrock technician, kindly help me sort this.
am sure enough it is doable.
thanks.

The file ASRock_TSD posted earlier in this Thread on Mega has everything you need, including a pic.
remey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:12am
gotcha, ok.
problem is, that file[the 1394zip and the image are no longer available. went to the link as done already but, not there.

i was able to access a zip file from the asrock download help page[looking for 1394] but would prefer to make sure of 'certainty' or that the unzipped folder contains the correct files... :).
there isn't an image/pic present in that zipped file[the image wud show the location of the sticker with the needed 12 character set].
want to be sure to be sure!
thanks wd.

Edited by remey - 23 Dec 2016 at 9:15am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:00pm
If anyone comes here at a later date PM me with the file name and your email address and I will link you to the 1394.zip file located on my Google Drive.

remey, here is the pic within the zip file:

Carlos5ReydeEspaña View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlos5ReydeEspaña Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 6:45pm
Greetings, i have the same problem, but the link doesn`t work. Can u send the file again please?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic