ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H61 PRO BTC MAX rams ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H61PRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H61 PRO BTC MAX rams ?
    Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 4:00am
Hello.

I have H61 PRO BTC motherboard. It have 6 slots for video cards but the only one problem i have what it can cary only 2x ddr3 1600 none ecc rams who only 2x 8 gb max who gives 16 gb rams total.

I wondering is there any way to connect more rams via some kind of ram cards expanser or something like that or does this motherboard can work width 2x 16fb ecc ddr3 1600 rams ?

Hope i can find here experimenters who tryed things like ram cards expanser or something like that.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 4:30am
I have not seen any PCIe RAM expansion cards on the market. Even if you were to find one (unlikely) it would probably end up cheaper to upgrade your motherboard or both motherboard and CPU. There is only one PCIe x16 slot on your board which I would assume you are using for a GPU, even if you were not the 8GB/s bandwidth provided by a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot is by far too little for DDR3 RAM's requirements, it would seriously bottleneck the ~13GB/s of DDR3 1600 RAM. Now drop that to a single PCIe lane in any of the other slots and you are talking only 0.5GB/s.

It just isn't a practical solution so I don't see why anyone would make the expansion card you are after. There are RAM drives that utilize DDR2 or DDR3 RAM but these are very costly and not what you seem to be looking for. 

Edited by Xaltar - 10 Nov 2015 at 4:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic