ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linuxuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:15pm

Hello,

Recently, I've purchased a Ryzen 3700x processor, where I'm coming from an older 1700. I upgrated my Asrock Fatal1ty x370 Gaming X mobo to the latest BIOS (ver 6.00) which you can find here https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20X/index.asp#BIOS

On Linux, everything works flawlessly. The only weird thing I could've find is that when you query cpu's capabilities:

- 'lscpu' gives: CPU max MHz 5224.2178 (which is incorrec)
- 'lshw -c cpu' gives 5.2GHz (incorrect)
- 'dmidecode -t processor' shows 4.4Ghz instead!! (which is correct)

Right now, when I watch for frequencies, they are normal (from 2.2Ghz to 4.2Ghz) when I compute via OpenMP or just on gaming.

I checked P-States via zenstates.py script and these are right, from 2.2Ghz to 3.6Ghz.

So the question is: how come it marks 5.2GHz as the maximum frequency? Is it just a minor bug?

The feeling I got tells me that I don't have to care, but I ask you cos' you maybe saw something related to this issue.

Thanks in advance. Greetings
Coix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 11:05pm
Hi,

The CPU compatibility list of B550M-ITX/ac motherboard is a bit confusing.

In the general description of the motherboard it is noted that "*Not compatible with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G and Ryzen 3 3200G". This is quite normal, B550 chipset are usually not compatible with 3400G.

However, in the CPU support list, 3400G is listed, as supported from BIOS v1.70.

I assume that the CPU support list is more up-to-date, but can someone please confirm that this motherboard can actually work with 3400G.

Thanks in advance!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 11:24pm
The 3400g is listed as supported with a BIOS update on all the ASRock B550 boards
listed on the website. From what I understand support was only not included for
space considerations on the ROM chip that contains the BIOS. ASRock appears to have
found a way to cut down the BIOS size and include support for a broader range of
CPUs, that or AMD's AGESA code was optimized and shrunk in size.

Regardless, if your board has the requisite BIOS version or newer it will work
with the 3400g. There would be a lot of complaints and reports of false advertizing
if it were not the case
NewToComputers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToComputers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 2:21am
Hello!

Can the X370 Killer SLI/Ac do a USB BIOS Flashback ?

Was wondering if the X370 Killer SLI/ac can do a USB BIOS Flashback if the screen is black? My PC keeps rebooting while on a black screen. Updated my CPU to a AMD 3600, but my current BIOS isn?™t compatible (so I have no idea what version it is). If it is possible then I am understanding I?™m suppose to do an instant flash, but wouldn?™t that require my screen to not be black? Or will my screen start showing the BIOS settings when I plug in a USB with a 2.40 BIOS in it?

Thanks for the help!
myabrownn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myabrownn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:43pm
Thanks for the heads up! ?? It's good to know that both AMD and the board partners are on it. Let's keep the vibes positive and work through these Ryzen 3000 series quirks together.
mya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108
  Share Topic