ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Steel Legend Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Steel Legend Review
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:58am
I took the time to register and post a review, because I'm not only impressed with this board, but impressed with the recent bios update.

Pairing this board with:

CPU: Ryzen 3700X
RAM: Trident RGB 2 x 8GB 3200 MHZ

It has performed exceptionally well with only minor issues that aren't specific to this board.

There had been online speculation that the VRM cooling wasn't good enough, this isn't the case at all. You would need to do intense stress testing on a heavy overclock to reach any type of throttling. I use an AIO and have had no issues whatsoever even during recent heatwaves.

Onto the minor issue, I had issues with my RAM not reaching 3200 MHZ, I could however run at 3000 MHZ, but this was a bios issue not due to the board and apparent across all brands.

The latest bios 2.60 fixed this, currently running at 3200 MHZ loading the default XMP profile, I've had no issues so far.

First experience with ASRock, very happy.
firezero10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firezero10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm
Does you board comes with the Ryzen 3000 ready sticker?
Richi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
It does not, you will either have to flash the bios yourself or ask the store you're purchasing from to do it for you. CCL Computers do this for you if you're living in the UK.
oreneg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 11:00pm
What temp was the 2600X sitting at? I have the same board and CPU and with the stock cooler the temps were fine and it maintained the 4.2 GHz boost easily. Now after reading about the VRM I'm kinda scared. Also where did you check VRM temps?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic