ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X570 Taichi: Thunderb 3 OK, but USB-C causes BSoD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi: Thunderb 3 OK, but USB-C causes BSoD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryzentosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 10:06am
I'll try and answer later when I have more time, but I would recommend getting a board that specifically lists it as supporting TB3 on their website like the higher end boards. Also, checking that it has enough expansion slots. My Pro4 doesn't have quite as many slots as the taichi or perhaps even the Extreme 4, so double check that.

I also haven't been able to get it to boot directly into MacOS without booting into Windows first. But I haven't tried again since the newer bios versions have come out. So it may work now. I know I updated to the latest beta bios, the one just prior to this latest official release and now both of my NVME drives appear in the list simultaneously whereas before they wouldn't. So that was nice to see. (Adata 8200 pro and Inland Premium, both 1tb nvme drives).

Also, I got an Apollo Arrow and it doesn't work at all last I tested it with the old bios.

But next on the list is to try again with everything on the new bios. Not soon probably though as I lack time.

Good luck.

Ryzentosh
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:19am
Hey, thank you so much. It looks like the Taichi is the best bet then. Honestly whichever one is going to be easiest for me to get working.

I also have the Adata 8200 pro, so that is nice to know that issue is fixed.

Keep me posted if you have any other ideas or how your build goes. I really appreciate it.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 2:31pm
Update: I got the x570 Taichi and the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Card. My Apollo Twin status is connected which is awesome. So the Thunderbolt is working. However the UAD Software does not see my Apollo even though my computer does. The UAD Console reads "No Device Connected" even though the Thunderbolt Control Center reads the Apollo Twin as "Status: Connected"

Updated BIOS
Updated UAD Software
Updated Apollo Twin Firmware and Drivers
Updated Titan Ridge Drivers

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. My thoughts are, I am doing something that just isn't supported. I know there are other producer / PC builders on this forum so just curious what you all have found.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 4:24am
Update 2: I got everything working. I have a ground loop somewhere but not too worried about that, should be able to solve it.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASRock x570 Taichi
Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt Add-in Card

Universal Audio Apollo Twin

Pretty happy.

Thanks everyone for posting on this forum. Ryzentosh, you were a huge help.
DicusBarbavici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DicusBarbavici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:35am
What change did you make that got it working? Any advice.

I am trying to get Focusrite Clarett working on x570 Creator and after two days no luck so far.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:28am
To OP .. have you tried updating to latest greatest BIOS and see if that helps with USB-C BSOD's?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
magentosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magentosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:33am
Ha, I stumbled upon you in Reddit and now ASRock forums.

Did you get your X570 Creator working for TB2?

I have an Apollo Twin and am migrating of mac, like a lot of people. X570 Creator appears to be the preferred config.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic