ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Help] PC doesn't boot properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fexerrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Help] PC doesn't boot properly
    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:33am
I recently RMAd my ASRock AB350M PRO4 motherboard because it started freezing after a few months of use. The new one arrived, installed everything on it (the same stuff that I used with the old board), and it failed to start properly.
First, there was no signal, the fans kept running for ~15-20 seconds, then restarted, repeat. After I messed around with it a bit and realized I didn't push the RAM down correctly, it kept running without restarting, but still no signal. Today, weirdly, after I reseated the ram again, it started restart-looping again.
Later I checked the CPU for bent pins (none), and reseated it, and I messed around with the ram again, but put it back into it's correct slot finally. This time though, the system didn't keep restarting, but the fans were revving up and down (not completely), and still no display...

Things I tried so far:
- clear cmos
- tried 2 speakers, no beeps (so system doesn't even get to POST, it seems like)
- putting ram in each slot
- unplugging 8 pin extra cpu power cable > IT RUNS WITHOUT FANS REVVING UP AND DOWN, but still no display
- unplugging GPU and HDD, SSD
- no lights on motherboard

I was thinking of sending back the MB again, but I'm afraid I messed up something and I might just mess it up again, or just missed something entirely, and the mb works. What else should I try?

(remember that this exact same setup worked with another one of this type of MB)

Specs:
ASRock AB350M PRO4 mb
GTX 1060 6gb gpu
Ryzen 5 1600x cpu
1x8 RAM
Cooler Master Elite Power 600W (RS600-ACABM4-WB)
Fexerrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fexerrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:29pm
Okay, I figured it out... I didn't wire the power button properly. Oops.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic