ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Updates, Urgent note, Please read.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:23am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

yes, your 2700X would still work, there might be some hidden bugs as that update is mainly for zen2/zen3, but CPU microcode wasnt removed for gen1/gen1+

you can directly flash into latest bios, i dont see any bridge bios required for your board

d) might not be necesary

@kerberos_20, thanks so much for your reply, which covers all my questions.

Interestingly, I had contacted Asus support in the meantime and in response to my question, whether I could expect that Windows would still boot with the new BIOS and the old CPU) they wrote:

Quote ASRock does not recommended to update BIOS if you are going to use the CPU model you described (Pinnacle ridge ) , but if you are going to update to newer version , then you can do the update and as soon as the BIOS is swapped you can verify .

Why is not recommended ; since the newer update the CPU software and the version is for newer CPU .

Conclusion is do not update if you are not ready to swap the CPU(because most of the time when BIOS is update to latest version and you are using old CPU the windows fail to boot

Their last sentence took me a bit by surprise. If "most of the time" Windows would fail to boot with a non-recommend BIOS, wouldn't the forums be full of it (since there are plenty of folks that will try the newest BIOS, even when they don't need it)?
perilous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perilous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 2:46am
Not really tech support related, unsure where to ask this question.

Will asrock b350 boards get support for ryzen 5000 cpu support?
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 1:00am
Originally posted by perilous perilous wrote:

Not really tech support related, unsure where to ask this question.

Will asrock b350 boards get support for ryzen 5000 cpu support?

dont they have it already? if your mainboard is missing it, than patiently wait :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic