ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSD storage option on bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgdg_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSD storage option on bios
    Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:49pm
When i choose on "Advanced" "Storage" "My device: OCZ Vertex2 SSD" "dirve type" => "SSD or HDD" (connected on port SATA3_2), my OS archlinux can n ot see the SSD. If i choose HDD insatead of SSD, it can see it.

I would like to know what the bios do with this option (what it does with SSD, what is the difference).
Also, i would like to know what it can be possible to do for this SSD can be full configured and see by the OS.

thanks
Asrock extrem 6 Z97 on archlinux
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Dgdg_ Dgdg_ wrote:

When i choose on "Advanced" "Storage" "My device: OCZ Vertex2 SSD" "dirve type" => "SSD or HDD" (connected on port SATA3_2), my OS archlinux can n ot see the SSD. If i choose HDD insatead of SSD, it can see it.

I would like to know what the bios do with this option (what it does with SSD, what is the difference).
Also, i would like to know what it can be possible to do for this SSD can be full configured and see by the OS.

thanks

*** Topic moved to Technical Support > Intel Motherboards from Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards ***

The OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, and any SSD with a Sandforce 1200 series SSD controller is not compatible with Intel 8 and 9 series SATA chipsets. So you can expect varying degrees of operation stability.

If your board has ASMedia SATA ports, try using those with your Vertex 2.

I don't know what the SSD and HDD settings do specifically, but if using HDD allows you to use your Vertex 2, I would use it and move on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic