ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970M Pro3 new board...pulling my hair out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sodde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970M Pro3 new board...pulling my hair out!
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:50am
I recently had a hard drive failure and since installing a new drive, have been unable to install Windows 10 on my PC.
I have tried installing from 8GB USB that I created using the bootable Microsoft USB creation tool (I've used this for other installs without an issue and also formatted/reloaded and recreated the USB drive with the current rendition of Win10) and also tried using a DVD created using the same Microsoft media creation method.
In each case, the install will get to either the 'ASRock' logo, the windows 'Window' logo or a flashing cursor in the top left of the screen, dependent on whether I've reset the BIOS/configured for UEFI or for legacy.
I actually bought a new 970M Pro3 board this week thinking it was the problem and the new board gives the same output. I tried different graphics adaptor, did not try new RAM.
Disconnecting all sata devices makes no difference.
Can some one tell me what I should see (or be setting) in the BIOS to get bootable USB or DVD media to boot?
joop1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joop1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
1. Please make sure to use Windows 10 64-bit
2. Press <F2> or <Delete> at system POST. Set AHCI Mode in UEFI Setup Utility > Advanced > Storage
Configuration > SATA Mode. (else: problem is HDD > 2TB)
3. Choose the item ?œUEFI:xxx??to boot in UEFI Setup Utility > Boot > Boot Option #1. (?œxxx??is the device which
contains your Windows installation files) You can also press <F11> to launch
boot menu at system POST and choose the item ?œUEFI:xxx??to boot.
4. Start Windows installation.
joop1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joop1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:24pm
Copy/paste errors:
?xx?? = xxx
?EFI:xxx?? = UEFI:xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic