ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A300 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chartered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A300 questions
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 4:33am
Hi there

Have a few different questions to ask today as I'm looking at doing a couple of different systems using the A300 barebone.

Firstly are there any publicly available diagrams with measurements for the A300? In particular the chassis.

Secondly does ASRock have any larger power adapters that are compatible with the A300?

Lastly will other 19v power supplies be compatible? As far as I can see it doesn't appear so as I can't see an ATX power connector on the board.

Thank you
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:13pm
Dear Chartered,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Regarding your question, kindly check with tech. support by filling out the following form.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:13am
You can get some of your answers and download a user manual from the product website https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20A300%20Series/#Overview

The motherboard is 147mm wide and 140mm deep. The chassis measures 155mm x 155mm x 80mm, a volume of just less than 2 litres - about the same as a typical ATX power supply. The included power supply is rated at 19V and 120W, which is sufficient for any of the compatible processors (Socket AM4 APUs with integrated graphics, up to 65W TDP). Expansion possibilities are extremely limited so I can't think of a reason for wanting a higher rated power supply than this. The motherboard has no ATX power connector. It takes 19 volts in via the barrel jack and generates its own power rails, including providing power for two optional 2.5-inch SATA drives and USB sockets. I would expect any standard laptop power supply rated at 19V and 120W or more output and the correct barrel jack would work but, as I said, a perfectly decent power supply is included.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
chartered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chartered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:36pm
I was looking at modifying the case dramatically and then bringing in a dedicated graphics card using a M.2 to PCIe x4 adapter, powering it via a SATA power to 6pin ATX adapter and 6pix to 8pin adapter. Only thing is it would need additional power and given there is another Mini PC in the Desk Mini series with a 270w adapter I thought this might have been a viable option. This also would have needed detailed measurements and diagrams of the case for example the motherboard railing system just so I could be confident the design would work before building.

It's a shame that the best ASRock technical support could offer is linking to the website and support documents. And when you explain the question in detail and how the website doesn't cover the topics they continue to refer to the website. I found the response I got from ASRock technical support to be insulting and dismissive of my needs as a customer.

Great products, just wish their service and customer engagement met same quality. I planned to showcase this product and my case mod if that project went ahead and instead all I can think of is why would I?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic