ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My computer won?™t boot, memory problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrChrisJr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My computer won?™t boot, memory problem?
    Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 7:49am
Currently writing this on my phone as my computer is unable to boot. So the computer I have has the following: ryzen 2600 cpu, rx 570 graphics card, an a320m-HDV motherboard, and recently added memory that is 2x8 3200mz Geilspear ram. I saw my ram was not running to its full potential so I went to the bios switched it to the only xmp profile and then set the vram speed to 3200 mz. The computer worked before with the new ram but now that I changed this it boots to a black screen and I am not able to access anything. Was wondering if there was a way I could manually reset the bios from this motherboard but I didn?™t find anything in the manual. Please help I?™ve spent a lot of money on this computer and it is necessary for schooling and would just suck to have all this money go down the drain. Appreciate you!
requiem4adream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote requiem4adream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:40am
Find the CMOS jumper on your motherboard and try shortcutting it with a screwdriver or a cap thingy. That should reset it to default values.
MrChrisJr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrChrisJr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:12am
Thank you! I was eventually able to clear the cmos by removing the battery on the pegs where it says, CLRCMOS1 and then I held the power button down for 10 seconds (with everything disconnected, no power going into system) and then putting it back on the same pegs. After the restart it booted and I was able to access the bios. Turns out the motherboard I have can?™t support GEIL ram over 2400 MHz and I had set it at 3200. Hopefully this helps someone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic