ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 : Dr Debug code 90!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:55pm
Damn, is there any chance you forgot to extract the BIOS files from the Zip
files? The contents of the zip file need to be on your flash drive, not the
zipped files themselves.

If that wasn't the issue I am afraid there is nothing more I can suggest. You
will need to wait for ASRock Tech Support to get back to you.
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 11:26pm

I've extracted them and renamed the to Creative.rom as per:

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=447

Thanks

Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 11:29pm

I presume it's not case sensitive as in the FAQ in one of the pictures it says

Creative.rom (capitalized first letter)

in the wording it says

creative.rom (all lowercase)

or should it be

CREATIVE.ROM (all uppercase)

Hmmmmmmm ;)
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 4:16pm

I opened a case with ASROCK on Aug 20, still no reply, anybody know how long it takes them to respond?
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:07pm

Still no message from ASROCK
sharptooth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharptooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 3:51am
I have been experiencing similar problems today following a failed downgrade from 3.8 to 2.3 (also on the Taichi X399). After the update to 2.3 the system failed to boot, with code '0d'. Nothing I tried worked, so when I resorted to BIOS flashback, I was disappointed to experience the same issue as yourself with "couple of green flashes then it goes solid green".

So I decided to try a different USB flash drive for one final attempt at BIOS flashback and, to my surprise, it worked first time, and I'm now booted back in successfully.

Found your post while looking for potential solutions and thought it might be useful to share this experience; for reference - the USB flash drive that did not work is a SanDisk Cruzer 4GB USB 2.0 ... the one that DOES work is a Transcend JetFlash 16 GB USB 3.0 - both are old drives.
asrockmeamadeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrockmeamadeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:07am
New PC here, no OS, entered BIOS, changed boot type to UEFI -> same "code 90" issue (no more access to BIOS).
Tried BIOS update to latest (worked, light turned off after blinking some minutes), cleared CMOS, removed hardware (only CPU, 1 DIMM and GPU left), still "code 90"...
asrockmeamadeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrockmeamadeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:18am
forgot to mention, mobo is x570 taichi, debug code seems the same though...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic