ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Install Windows On A PCIe SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirLova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:02am
Hi.
Sorry if i'm asking here but i cant find the answer anywhere.
Does the Asrock H97 Pro4 support the boot from PCIe adapter with an M.2?
Thanks in advice
kellysmithpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellysmithpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 9:34pm
To install Windows on a PCIe SSD, you need to follow these steps:

1. Download the latest Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft and save it to your computer.

2. Connect the PCIe SSD to your PC via an M.2 slot or SATA connection.

3. Turn off the power to your PC and remove your old hard drive from the system.

4. Insert the new SSD into its designated location in the motherboard?™s expansion bay. If there is no such space available, then use another empty PCI-E x16 slot instead.

5. Power up your PC with the SSD connected. You will see the ?śWindows Setup??screen.
I'm Kelly Smith, a Senior Editor at Provaat.com. I have a special affinity for gaming peripherals, laptops, and virtual reality.
virajjuniyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virajjuniyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 6:10pm
I'm trying to install Windows 7 Pro onto a pair of Samsung 950 Pro drives in RAID 1. For the life of me, I cannot get past the "Missing Drivers" error. I have the latest Intel NVMe driver, though that doesn't do much good if I cant install the OS. The Windows installation picks up an Intel Rapid Storage RAID driver, from the ASRock CD, but fails to install it. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
virajjuniyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virajjuniyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:52pm
Does the Asrock H97 Pro4 support the boot from PCIe adapter with an M.2?
rocket888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 8:51am
I can't see my nvme m.2 drive in the boot choices in the bios.

I have the z690 extreme wifi 6e board. I have a sata ssd with windows 10 as my boot drive. My samsung samsung ssd 980 pro nvme m.2 is installed in the m2_3 slot. I can boot my system and see it as an extra drive.

I cloned my system using easeus todo system clone, and have the boot partition as well as the C: partition now on the m.2 drive. Currently it's an MBR setup, but I can change that to GPT if needed.

What do I need to do to have it see this m.2 so I can boot from it?
Monamio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monamio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 1:39am
I have needed to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to another M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom work area, and I've been not able to effectively boot Windows from that drive in the wake of introducing Windows 10 Expert onto the new drive.

I've effectively done the accompanying:

- I've effectively eliminated the SATA drive and taken a stab at introducing and booting with only the thumb drive and PCIe drive

- I can utilize the Media Creation Device to construct a boot to a thumb drive

- I can find the drive in Plate The executives, as well as in my Profiles

- I can arrange the drive. At present, I have it designed for NTFS and GPT and is a unique volume.

- I can change the boot request inside my Profiles to boot from the thumb drive and the PCIe drive.

- My Profiles is presently on CSM, with heritage boot support.

Edited by Xaltar - 06 Aug 2023 at 5:51pm
william View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 5:41pm
Good day.

I like my Asrock z77 Extreme6. I bought a PCIe NVMe adapter to install windows on, I downloaded and flash the 2.94A beta bios. It seem to basically work but might still have a problem or two.

1. I does not always show a USB drive when doing a boot selection
2. The instant flash utility is broken and freeze the system if you try to use it.

...a had to use the 2.8 DOS flash version and a couple of try's to get it to flash back.
is there a fixed version for NVMe support?
HTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 10:43am
Help!

Can't make my asrock AB350 Pro4 recognize a NVMe SSD (SN 350 from WD Green).

I've already tried pretty much everything the main post said (method 1 and 2), including:
- uploading the BIOs (only up to 5.80, since I got an ryzen 5 1600)
- removing others storage drives
- cleaned Bios by using "Clear CMOS"
- tried both available m2 slots while doing these mentioned things

My goal is install windows on the refered MVMe SSD.

Is there anything else I should try!?
Keep it up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic