ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme6/ac POST/Boot problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mipko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme6/ac POST/Boot problem
    Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm
Hello,

I just got system upgrade

1. Asrock Extreme6/ac
2. Intel 5930K
3. 4x4GB Corsair RAM
5. Seasonic 850W platinum
6. Asus Nvidia GTX 780Ti referent model
7. Intel 250GB SSD x 2 - Raid 0

peripherals - USB 2.0:

1. USB Keyboard Steelseries 6GV2
2. Logitech wireless mouse - universal wifi receiver
3. Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle
4. Thrustmasster Warthog Jostick
5. MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

BIOS: 1.70

The problem:

If Thrustmaster Warhtog Throttle or MFG crosswind are plugged into the USB 3.0 port Motherboard refuses to pass POST stage. It gets stuck after the RAID screen info. Sometimes it passes the POST screen (very very rare). In Case system pases the POST stage it will simply hang in Windows Boot.

When system is is stuck at the POST screen I cen continue POST by simply unplugging the Throttle or Pedalls from the USB 3.0 port. In that case Windows boots normally and everything works OK.

Once system is booted I can connect Throttle or any other USB peripheral to any USB port and system recognizes it and works OK.

Before Extreme6/ac I had Z77 Extreme4 MB with same peripherals and OS and everything worked just fine.

It seems to me that USB 3.0 does not handle legacy USB 2.0 properly at POST/BOOT time. I have tried all possible combinations of USB setting in the BIOS with no luck at all.

Does anyone have any idea if this issue can be addressed with some future BIOS upgrade or I will need to twist with my devices in order to have stable working system?

many thanks,
Mirko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic