ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)Deskmini A300 Hyper-V_boot failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smphayward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:58pm
Same problem on my end as well.

I enabled Hyper-V on Windows so I could set up Kubernetes. On reboot, it cycles through black screen, crash, reboot. Can't enter setup.

I had to short the CMOS. THEN I could get into setup and disable virtualization. Once I did that, I was able to boot Windows just fine. But it means that I don't have CPU virtualization.

Configuration:

- A300W (bios 3.50)
- Ryzen 3400g
- Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18362.720)
- Radeon v19.10.2

BlueScreenView shows it being caused by dxgkrnl.sys and the crash address is ntoskrnl.exe+1c2380.

As always, atikmpag.sys is showing up as a guilty party. I've had that thing BSOD me several times - even before enabling Hyper-V. This driver seems to cause a LOT of problems for a lot of people.

I'm working from home due to the pandemic so I can't really afford to risk my computer on a BIOS update or Radeon upgrade. Plus, it sounds like updating to 3.60 didn't fix the problem for others.
KWottrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWottrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 12:24am
I'm having the same issue. Why is this post marked as Solved? Did someone discover a fix for the issue? Or is disabling the GPU driver considered a "solution"?
pimpmycode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmycode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 5:04am
Hi,
I have the same issue.
New A300, updated bios to 3.6
3200G
Installed Hyper-V Server 2019, all went fine. Adjusted settings for Hyper-V like the hostname which needed a restart and now it boots into a black screen each time. No bios, or anything I can control. Looks like the keyboard is frozen too.

Why is this thread marked solved, this seems to still exist?
Hammerfest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:13am
The issue is still here, I recommend everyone make a support ticket.

This is literally a faulty product as-is!
Paulbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:33am

I found that if I change the UMA frame buffer size back to "Auto" then my system boots again with Hyper-V enabled.
Hammerfest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:35am
Interesting, that didnt work for me.

NO MATTER

They just released a BETA with fix's for that as well as AGESA/Module updates to the 1.0.0.4B package.

Flashing tonight, testing till the weekend, then if all goes well updating clients systems, BETA or not...
3735943886 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3735943886 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:04pm
Solved with new beta firmware 3.60H.
Hyper V, sandbox, Edge app guard all work fine.
Everyone who has similar problem, try new firmware.
smphayward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smphayward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 1:06am
This issue HAS NOT been fixed in firmware v3.70. At fist, I thought it had been. I enabled Virtualization in the BIOS and turned on the Virtual Machine Platform feature in Windows. Installed the Windows Subsystem for Linux. It seemed to be working.

Then, Windows crashed. Reboot. Black screen. I had to short the CMOS jumpers and disable Virtualization.

Configuration:

- A300W (bios 3.70)
- Ryzen 3400g
- Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 1198)
- Radeon v20.2.2

I have not tried 3.60H Beta but I would have expected 3.70 to have included this fix since 3.60H supposedly fixes it.

I am not a fan of installing beta BIOSes but I may have no choice.
smphayward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smphayward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:35pm
Update: I downgraded to 3.60K Beta and my system now seems to be able to support Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 Enterprise.

(I had mistakenly referred to 3.60H in my previous post.)

I've rebooted my machine several times with no sign of the black screen issue. I ran Windows Subsystem for Linux v2 + Ubuntu 20.04 LTS yesterday for the entire afternoon with no problems.

Fingers crossed that I can set up Docker and Kubernetes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic