ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

xmp profile not setting correct voltage.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xboxrulez1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xmp profile not setting correct voltage.
    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
Running an asrock b450m steel legend and my corsair 3200 mhz 16gb kit lpx is rated to run at 3200mhz/1.35 volts, but the xmp profile only sets it to 1.3 volts. My system locks up once in awhile whats up with it not setting the correct voltage by default?
quarantinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quarantinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:26am
I have the same problem
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:27pm
There are tools that allow you to overwrite the contents of the SPD. But these are to be used with absolute CAUTION!

If the SPD entry for XMP is wrong, I would try to return the RAM.

In this case I would rather adjust the voltage by hand.
carlosmasterguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosmasterguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:42pm
Well, if it works at 1,3 volts that's great. If it doesn't boot or is unstable, set the voltages manually to 1.350 volts. Mine memory sticks were rated to 3000mhz at 1.350 volts. I overclocked it to run at 3600mhz with the same clock and with the same 1.350 volts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic