ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock 970 Extreme 3 not booting, no POST, fans wo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock 970 Extreme 3 not booting, no POST, fans wo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a30c04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 not booting, no POST, fans wo
    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:29pm
Hi all.

I have a new computer build using an ASRock 970 Extreme 3 motherboard, AMD FX 8120, 4x Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz RAM modules, and Gigabyte GV-R755OC GPU. When I boot the computer, CPU and chassis fans spin up, GPU fan spins up, but there's no video output. I thought this was strange as the GPU works in my other computer, so I carefully pulled everything apart and rebuilt - but same result.

I realised I wasn't getting any POST beeps so I bought a motherboard speaker and attached to the 4-pin connector on the motherboard. Boot up and no POST beeps. This isn't my first build so I started isolating components and trying to boot to BIOS - removed SSDs, removed GPU, tried one RAM module at a time, unplugged anything that wasn't necessary. Still no POST beeps. I even replaced the CMOS battery and followed the CMOS clearing procedure (jumpers + battery out) for a full night.

Right now I have one RAM module installed (confirmed the RAM module works in another computer), connected the 24-pin and 8-pin power from the PSU, no CPU or GPU or SSDs installed.

Should I be getting POST beeps with this motherboard?
Should I get POST beeps with only power and RAM connected?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic