ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Severe SSD stability problems with A300 Deskmini
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Severe SSD stability problems with A300 Deskmini

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Severe SSD stability problems with A300 Deskmini
    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
First I tried installing linux(Ubuntu), that was problematic because PC was crashing) so I moved to Windows.

I would occasionally get a BSOD, often while gaming, and funnily enough sometimes when PC would be stable it would not get into unstable state until I rebooted(standby was no problem),

I got irritated of that so I thought I should change the wifi module(I had realtek, now swapped to the official Deskmini Wifi kit).
This did not help, BSODs continued and got worse, eventually my PC became unbootable with corrupt SSD(I used Samsung PM981).

Now I switched to WD Blue SN500 500GB, Windows installation from USB crashes with BSOD.

Is there any fix for this problems? I have spent many days and 100+ euros on debugging this...

BIOS is the latest 3.60
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:24am
Dear Booze,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

We have test at our lab but cannot duplicate the symptom.
Please try to clear CMOS and install one stick memory at each memory slot to check.
If possible, please change another memory module to check.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
booze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:14pm
Hi,
I only have one memory stick.
As for clear CMOS...
I got the PC assembled and there is no little plastic thing to clear CMOs.
Do you have a suggestion how to do it.
booze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:15pm
p.s. I will try with using memory in slot B1, but from what I see that is problematic, current one, A1 is better.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:04pm
Dear Booze,

Please find a paperclip or a metal things to short the clear CMOS pad.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic