ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970M Pro 3 clear CMOS. no response

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clanmcgoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970M Pro 3 clear CMOS. no response
    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:41pm
Using the UEFI advanced options interface I updated the UEFI using the internet, the process completed and said press enter to reboot the system which I did. Nothing happened. System powered up but no response of any kind, no power to keyboard or monitor but HD led is lit and system sounds like its running.

Checked the webs and read up on how to clear CMOS since that seemed the solution. Followed the instructions (moved cmos jumper for 15 secs. reboot, nothing. then repeated this time removing the battery for 15minutes before rebooting. Nothing. Repeated again this time waiting overnight. Nothing.)

I am at a loss. What do I do now? Is my Motherboard toast?

The system has been running good but lately was having issues not sleeping hen it should and rebooting to different OC settings than what was saved and the AStxu utility was not updating those settings properly which is why I updated the UEFI in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

970M Pro 3
AMD FX8350 BE Vishera 8-core 4000
Gskill F3-1866C9D-16GXM 8gbx2 ddr3 1866
MSI Radeon 480x 8gb ddr5
SanDisk SSD 240gb SDSSDA-240G-G26
Western Digital 1GB 7200RPM SATA HD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic