ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > ASRock e-Sport&Gaming Feature Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the working audio driver for the AsG31M-GS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the working audio driver for the AsG31M-GS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gc.majorana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the working audio driver for the AsG31M-GS
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:15pm
Good morning,

this is my first post here; frankly I don't know if this is the right place. It is the only one that has AsRock in it :)

I'm employed as tech lead of an education lab in a Italian High School and I'm facing atrouble in finding the right driver for the audio device of your motherboard.

I've downloaded and attempted to install the driver available on the web page of the motherboard but it did'nt work; the audio it isn't recognized. More, I've downloaded the driver from the audio manufacturer but nothing the audio device isn't found on Windows 7 32 bit.
May you help me to fix this issue in order to give the multimedia laboratory the possibility to work as expected?

Thank you.
gc.majorana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gc.majorana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:17am
Sorry, I forgot to add the details pf the motherboard:

AsRock G31M-GS CPU Socket

Model name: G31M-GS

BIOS Version: P1.40

SN: 77m0x1666824

CPU: Intel Pentium E5300@2.60 GHZ

Memory: 2.00 gb single-channel ddr2@323 Mhz (5-5-5-15)

Storage: 149 gb maxtor stm 3160813AS ATA DEVICE (SATA)

Optical Drive: HL-DT ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 ATA DEVICE

Here is the website: https://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/g31m-gs
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 10:54pm
Always first check the ASRock Website>> Motherbaords, and type in the model name.
Under the pictures, use the support Tab, here you will find all the necessary drivers
Since this board uses an Realtek ALC 662 audio chip (which you can see in the specifications, you must use the realtek driver, however before installing this always first install the Inf (chipset)
https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/Intel/Audio/Realtek_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP_2K(R2.31).zip
driver
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic