ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DESKMINI A300W Won't boot to bios question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarmang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DESKMINI A300W Won't boot to bios question
    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 1:47am
Hi.
I recently purchased these parts from Amazon, brand new.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon RX Graphics

ASRock System DESKMINI A300W AMD AM4 Max.32GB DDR4 HDMI DP D-Sub USB Retail

Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 CL17 SODIMM (Kit of 2) Memory HX429S17IB2K2/16

On the Asrock support website here: https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20A300%20Series/index.asp#Support

CPU Support List: Ryzen 5 3400G (YD3400C5M4MFH) (This is what I bought)

Memory QVL (Picasso): Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 CL17 SODIMM (Kit of 2) Memory HX429S17IB2K2/16 (This is what I bought)

I followed all directions carefully, and when I powered on, there was nothing on the screen (it would not boot to bios)

I tried on two different working monitors with HDMI, and D-SUB too.

Still nothing.

I also looked at the bios chip on the motherboard to see what the bios version was. The sticker on the motherboard reads "P3.50"

On the Asrock support site it reads that the processor (Ryzen 5 3400G (YD3400C5M4MFH) is supposed to work with bios "P3.50"

I sent an email to Asrock, they said:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting ASRock.
We provide some suggestions to you for verify.
1. Please refer to the user manual to clear CMOS.
2. Install only single stick memory on each DIMM slot by turns(A1/A2).
3. If possible, try different CPU and memory module.
If you still get the problem, perhaps please contact local dealer to RMA your board."

I tried all what they suggested.

First the ASRock System DESKMINI A300W does not come with a little jumper to clear the CMOS. Should that be included with the kit?

Anyway, I cleared the CMOS with a small screwdriver, then tried with just one memory stick as advised, tried in both slots.

Still would not boot to the BIOS.

I packed it all back up, and returned the three items to Amazon.

I really wanted this to work. I'm willing to re purchase again, and was wondering what parts to purchase that would have me a working system.

Any of you have any Ideals on what I should do different, or what parts would work?

Many Thanks in advance,
Wyatt

RHenning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:43am
I am having a similar issue. Mine worked great for about 2 days then I woke up today to just a green screen. I power cycled it and nothing, it wont boot at all. I narrowed it down to the CPU heat-sink/fan bending the board. I am using the stock heat-sink also.

When the heat-sink is on the CPU, as long as it is not fully secured, aka the spring clip fully tensioned, the system will boot and work well. Once you fully secure the heat-sink spring clip, the board must bend a little and then the system is dead. No boot etc. If I try and slowly tension the spring clip on the heat-sink while system is running then it eventually locks up and goes green screen.

I just posted a thread and hope I get a reply. I am currently a little upset as I just built this for a nice travel PC/emulation station for my Fiance's house and now its not usable.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic