ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

When is a BIOS update for X470 Taichi coming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1b2c3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is a BIOS update for X470 Taichi coming?
    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:14am
Does anyone know when the next official BIOS is coming for the X470 Taichi? The last update was from August 2019. I'd like to get to the newer AGESA, and I've noticed some other older boards have hard updates in December.
Thanks!
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:43am
does those older boards that have hard updates have different bios versions from beta to official release? if no the beta version will just be the same build

and you'll have more luck trying to send a support ticket

ByReaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByReaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:57pm
any update on the bios for the latest AGESA on X470 Taichi, I see beta bios, but when does it get out of beta, and what bugs are there that are still considered beta?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 4:29pm
1004B been out of beta for 2 days now

and you'll get the same bug that the beta had

cold boot+reset uefi hard to post
KungFuSpaghetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFuSpaghetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:47pm
What's different on 3.90 from the beta? Wondering if it's worth bothering with.

Took long enough too, no excuse for such poor support on what was such an expensive board at the time.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 11:11pm
since they've changed the number something have been changed but surely the 1004B bugs are still in it

i'll stress again all boards and other brands have this problem
KungFuSpaghetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFuSpaghetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 6:41am
Yeah I have had a weird bug that when I've had to unplug thre machine a couple of times recently to add more fans and an aio it's not posted for about 10 boots... then once it posts the issue goes and it powers on fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic