ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deskmini A300 won't work with fan attached to CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini A300 won't work with fan attached to CPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini A300 won't work with fan attached to CPU
    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 11:44pm
I just bought this a few days ago and am running a 3400G with the stock cooler that came with the deskmini. The system worked for approx 2 days then died on me. I have come to the conclusion that the stock cooler is causing my no boot issue. If the cooler is just sitting on the CPU the system will boot and work. If I fully attach the cooler using the spring clip then the system will not boot or work. If I boot the system and then try to close the spring clip on the cooler the system will shut off.

Whats going on here? Did I get a dud system??? Thank you for the help
RHenning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:52am
Played around with this setup a little more this afternoon. The socket just doesn't seem right. When you close the lever to hold the cpy in the back of the socket lift some. I think the socket is broken or I got a faulty socket. I'm reaching out to ASRock and hoping they have decent customer service.
poseng2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poseng2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:21am
hi
so how is your a300 now>?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic