ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with UEFI setup utility boot screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with UEFI setup utility boot screen
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:10pm

When I press F11 while the ASRock Splash screen is showing, a boot menu screen comes up from which you can select which of all possible drives you will boot from. If instead you go to the ASRock UEFI Setup Utility, you get the opportunity to put all the possible drives in order (Option 1, 2...etc.). I'm guessing this means you can avoid selecting a drive to boot from every time you start up your computer. Below this, opposite an icon that looks like an open book and the label ?œCD/DVD ROM Drive BBS priority??is the opportunity to put CD/DVD drives in order. A similar icon and the title ?œHard Drive BBS priority??is the opportunity to put the hard drives in order. These last few choices seem redundant. Can anyone tell me how (and why) these various menus are to be used? Finally, further down is the title ?œPCI ROM Priority??opposite which you can toggle between ?œLegacy ROM?? and ?œEFI Compatible ROM?? How do I respond to this?

Processor: Intel core i5-3750k 3rd Gen unlocked @3.40 GHz
Mother board: ASRock Z77 Pro 4
Hard Drive: WDOEM WD1TB BLUE SATA6.0 HD (1000 Gb) (Western digital)
SECOND Hard Drive: Toshiba (500 GB)
Memory: CRUCIAL 8GB 4X2D3 1333 DIMM CL
TV tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250

Operating System: Windows 7 on 500 GB drive (trying to upgrade to 10) and trying to put Ubuntu on 1000 GB drive.

PainterArt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PainterArt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 2:56am
Press Delete and go into bios. Go to Advance Bios and click on Boot Tab. On this screen you can priorities your first boot, second boot, harddrive or CD/DVD drive and whatever order you want at everyboot.

F11 boot menu is meant for changing what you want to boot to as a one time only boot.

PCI ROM Priority should probably left at default if everything boots fine. EFI is a boot partition of an OS installed on a GPT drive as opposed to MBR (legacy). If you see Boot Manager (harddrive identifier) in your boot order selection than you have a EFI on this harddisk and unless to did something weird you have an OS installed on this harddrive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic