ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taichi | CPU Fan spinning up and down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herberge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Taichi | CPU Fan spinning up and down
    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:44pm
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I've got the right category for my question.

My new system has been complete for about 2 weeks, consisting of a Ryzen 5 3600X on an X470 Taichi. A Nocuta NH-D15S is installed as the processor cooler.

Unfortunately, I have had a problem with the behavior of the fan since the beginning, as it keeps always turning up and down for a short time. I strongly suspect that this is due to the often mentioned boost behavior of the new Ryzen CPUs. The computer is completely silent, but the constant up and down of the fan of the NH-D15S is incredibly annoying.

I read in forums of other AM4 motherboards that there is the possibility to configure the CPU fan in the BIOS so that the fan only turns faster if a certain temperature is permanently exceeded. Is this also possible with the X470 Taichi? If yes: Where can I find the settings for this?

I have already tried to create my own fan curve, but this does not solve the problem, because the CPU settles down to a temperature, the boost exceeds the set threshold, the fan turns up, the threshold falls below, the fan turns down and it goes on and on.

Furthermore do the temperatures for the NH-D15S seem surprisingly high? With GPU and CPU at full load, the CPU reaches 75-80 degrees Celsius, despite 2 Intake and 2 Outtake fans from Noctua, which quickly remove all warm air from the case.

Maybe someone has a similar setup and would share their fan configuration or experience with temperature values ?‹â€‹with me? I'd hate to buy a new board just because of this problem. If there is no reasonable solution here, I unfortunately have to do it because the computer is very annoying in its current state.
Setup: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X & Notua NH-D15S | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3200 QuadKit | AsRock X470 Taichi | Palit GeForce GTX1080 GameRock | 256GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | Corsair HX750i | NZXT H510
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic