ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Gaming Asrock G31M-GS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dottzpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Gaming Asrock G31M-GS
    Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:59pm

So i started with my first Pc in 2005 it was a preasamblate pc from packard bell , i don't even rember what mobo had on her at that time .

After a few years the mobo was gone , so had to change it , i was still a novice at that time in hardware selection , even now i din't do much progress so after days of searching and looking in internet i decided on this one AsRock G31M-GS , i mean what did i checked? CPU slot 775 for my Q6600 and the Nvidia Ge9300 video card .

Mounted instaled the all and it was like new .

So even now after 7 years it runs great off course with a new GPU and extra cooling for my old cpu Q6600 i can still Game at resonable performance GTA V and World of Warcraft.

Sincerly i don't like the fact that i still have dd2 3 GB and not even now i don't know how to overclock the cpu.

If somone can help to improve this Please Help me senpai.
pussyp0pper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pussyp0pper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:19am
Nice rig dude...I used to have one of those Zalman coolers but your computer looks better than mine did!
Clown
I7 990X MOTHERLOVERS!
Illegalseagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:42am
Is the top of that power supply clear?!  that is a cool idea...can't tell for sure from pic

I helped a friend overclock his Q6600 cpu on a G-brand board.  If you send PM me screenshots of your bios, I can try to walk you through it from memory...That's a good processor.  I'm not a huge pro, but I've played with a few cpus.  With luck and some nice components, he was running 3.4ghz without too much trouble.  You might not be able to go that high with your cooler, with is more standard-sized, but you still might be able to tick it up a few hundred mhz without too much trouble
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
Dottzpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dottzpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Illegalseagull Illegalseagull wrote:

Is the top of that power supply clear?!  that is a cool idea...can't tell for sure from pic

I helped a friend overclock his Q6600 cpu on a G-brand board.  If you send PM me screenshots of your bios, I can try to walk you through it from memory...That's a good processor.  I'm not a huge pro, but I've played with a few cpus.  With luck and some nice components, he was running 3.4ghz without too much trouble.  You might not be able to go that high with your cooler, with is more standard-sized, but you still might be able to tick it up a few hundred mhz without too much trouble

Except for the dust , i think most of the time is clear.

And I tryed to work on cable managemant , but there to short from this old PSU

Illegalseagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:12pm
What can you do?  Most of the time the case is closed, anyway.  I feel like today's ATX cases have gotten bigger... 
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
Dottzpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dottzpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:58am

Yeah the case i bought is a Zalman Z11 Plus , it was meant to host this Mobo , but never got the oportunity to buy a cpu for this one .

I have it more then 1 year and half or almost 2 i think.
in this pic you can se the cpu cooler i was running like till 4-5 months ago.
Si yeah the ATX are bigger

Edited by Dottzpg - 27 May 2015 at 4:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic