ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini A300 with Athlon 3000G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skap3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini A300 with Athlon 3000G
    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 6:04pm
Hello,

I´m thinking of build a computer using a DeskMini A300 together with an Athlon 3000G processor but I have the next question:

The DeskMini A300 specs shows that is neccesary update the system BIOS to be able to mount AMD Picasso series processors, in fact, for the proccesor that I want to mount it is specified that BIOS version P3.50 is required as minimum. The problem is that I don't have another compatible processor to perform the BIOS update and i would like to know if I will be able to boot the computer with the Athlon 3000G to make this BIOS update.

Thanks.
ishapli8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishapli8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 4:39am
Did you ever figure it out because I am thinking about building the same thing.
skap3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skap3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:52pm
No, finally I didn't choose this option cause I didn't have a response to this. Now I'm waiting for AMD 4000 APUs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic