ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H170M-ITX/DL CPU fan control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boombastik1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
The problem is not the fan. I found tha after a hybrid shutdown in windows 10 the cpu temperature stuck in the last temperature when u shutdown your pc and as a result the fan dont work correctly. If your pc shutdown in a moment that your cpu temp was high before shutdown it means that your fan will stuck in full speed.

To make your fan work corectly u need to make a full shudown s5 to resolve it. (disable the hybrid shutdown or shudown with shift pressed).
This bug is only initiate (and not evert time) only if u have the motherboard to work in uefi mode with cms. In full uefi mode or in legacy mode this bug don't exist.

Now i found that if u disable the Overtemeprature protection under hardware monitor even in uefi mode with compatibility mode enabled the cpu temperature initiate correctly every time. But i need more time to test it.

This bug exist in haswell and skylake a motherboards and many time i wonder how it is possible so many people that use theese motherboards this bug to go undetectable.
I have wrote how to recreate the bug. If the team need more details they can contact me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic