ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

no sound on Asrock 760GM-HDV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsappleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no sound on Asrock 760GM-HDV
    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 9:37am
Just did a successful build with a 760GM-HDV (at least thats what i thought)
however after installing windows 10 the sound is not available. I get the red no sound icom. It appears that i am missing some kind of sound hardware during the build. all i need is just regular sound so i can hear windows startup sound and to play mp3 files from the computer. does anyone have any idea why i am having this problem? thanks
hsappleton
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 10:49am
do you have the Realtek ALC887 Audio drivers installed? (or tried to install them?)
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
hsappleton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsappleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:15am
Hi
thank you for the reply. I didn't expect to be stumped at such a small matter as this. This may be just an opportunity for me to learn something new.

Using the CD i received with the motherboard, i chose the install option - HD Audio drivers and applications. The installation reported success!

I think it installed the "Realtek high definition audio" according to the log.

This does not appear to be the same one as "Realtek ALC887 Audio drivers" and that would be a good thing, because i could just go ahead and download and install. I just want to get another input from you first.
hsappleton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsappleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:20am
actually i just found out a minute ago that it is the same driver
hsappleton
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 1:43am
so sound works now? .. if you go to ASRock's website and to your motherboard ... there is probably a more up to date driver listed there then what is on your CD. I'm surprised Windows didn't pick it up though.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsappleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 3:02am
Ah yes! but on the way i made a couple observation.I was thinking that i should have installed the 4-pin motherboard speakers. But this motherboard doesnt support such speaker. So i assume that you have to have an external speaker. Havent seen one of those in years. dont even think they still exist, so the only option is a USB speaker. I am currently using my headphone at the back panel, and the red icon disappear with it, but if i plug it out the red icon comes back! But i am set now. Thank you very much.
hsappleton
Johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:23pm
Hi,    I have a ASRock 760M HDV board I bought privately with no cd, I did a build and installed Win 10 Pro and cannot get sound at all unless I use a usb sound device, I have tried all ways to sort out the drivers even going on Realtek site but to no avail, I am open to suggestions on how to sort it as I am my wits end, I have read previous posts and tried their methods, but still nothing.

Thanks guys
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:14pm
If your board is used it could simply be that the audio is dead. If you have not
already tried clearing CMOS that would be a good place to start. It may be disabled
or incorrectly set up in BIOS, restoring defaults/clearing CMOS should fix that.

Alternatively, the 760M has a PCI slot which can be used with a PCI sound card.
Many PCI soundcards can be found for cheap these days and a lot of them are very
high quality.
Galator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 6:06pm
I have the same problem, but even after I installed HD Audio drivers and applications from the CD. To top it all, my pc stopped recognizing the front audio panel after that. I honestly have no clue what to do now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic