ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini 310 Factory Bios in 2020?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heraldo_jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini 310 Factory Bios in 2020?
    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:39pm
Hello, bought a few days ago an Asrock Deskmini 310 from Amazon Germany. I want to pair it with an Intel i9-9900 cpu. Although Asrock recommends Bios 4.0 for that cpu I have seen people using Bios 3.40 with it without problems (it is supposed to include the microcode for that cpu). My question is ... what Bios will arrive with the Deskmini? Did they updated in the time to at least 3.40 or will it arrive with a previous version? If it arrives with a non compatible version ... do I need a compatible cpu to upgrade the Bios or is it possible to update it in any way without a cpu inside or even with the i9? Thanks in advance.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 10:29am
Dear Heraldo_jones,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.
Regarding your question, DeskMini 310 can boot up with 9th gen CPU with all BIOS version. Please feel free to use your i9-9900 with DeskMini 310.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
heraldo_jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heraldo_jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 6:27pm
Thank you so much for the answer. I already bought a Pentium G5400 just in cause there is any kind of problem, but will test first the 9900
heraldo_jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heraldo_jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 1:38am
Hello again! Just come here to say I've received my unit and comes with the Bios 4.20 already preinstalled and labelled in the bios chip. I'm finally using the Intel Core i9-9900K with a third party power supply (200w) and is working great. Very happy with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic