ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skylake CPU caution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:41pm
I have not heard any reports of issues with that cooler so it should be fine, just be sure not to over-tighten. I have a Corsair H105 on my 7600k and have not had any issues with warping. I think this issue was largely caused by large, heavy tower coolers in conjunction with moving the PC (jostling).
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 2:07am
Do not mount the cpu if the socket is missing a pin. Replace the motherboard.

Originally posted by Ba1bum Ba1bum wrote:

Greetings, I'm new here and I registered to clarify some issue with motherboard.

I have a ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac and its missing one socket pin. I suppose that someone broke off improper handling.

As yet I have not tried, I was wondering can it work without one pin and if there is a risk of damaging the processor?

I marked the spot on picture for missing pin - http://i.imgur.com/lhSfVCU.jpg

Thank you!

Demon009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demon009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 12:16pm
i have been using a huge phanteks ph-tx14pe pretty much nh-d15 size with no issues. it does have springs on the screws so they let you know when they are tight enough. but i could see shipping with this thing on causing problems but standard hanging  in my case it seems to be just fine. you could heavy handed possibly over tighten the screws but you would know your doing it as it pretty much hits a stop when the screws depress the spring

hhuey5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhuey5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:26am
I put noctua fans on my h110i / 7940x
hopefully it keeps it cool when i start to try out other feature settings

sweepstakesnew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweepstakesnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:08pm
The most popular womansworld sweepstakes in 2020. Don't miss the latest online Woman?™s World Magazine giveaways and enter for a chance to great prizes.

https://www.sweepstakesnew.com/womans-world-sweepstakes/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic