ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X399 Taichi, flashback steps, & Dr. Debug blank
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi, flashback steps, & Dr. Debug blank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sriesch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi, flashback steps, & Dr. Debug blank
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:00am
I have an X399 Taichi motherboard, but attempting a flashback the BIOS LED eventually just goes solid green indicating failure.
1. When you use the BIOS flashback switch, does this require the CPU and memory to be installed and working, or require that they NOT be installed?
2. Also, does this require a USB3.0 USB stick, or can a USB2 stick be used? I saw another post where somebody changed sticks and that made it work, but don't know if that was the cause or not.
3. If the CPU and/or memory were nonfuctional or incorrect, would I still expect the Dr. Debug LED to display a number (rather than be off), or are both needed for the Dr. Debug LED to function?

I am actually attempting to fix/diagnose a new motherboard that won't show any Dr. Debug codes, and was going to try flashing it in case that might fix it. When I first hooked it up, the LED under the gear powers on green, then goes to blinking blue. Nothing happens when I press the front panel power button, no fans, no Dr. Debug LED number, nothing. Everything appears to be plugged in correctly; front panel power switch is connected to top right two pins on PANEL1 header; power supply is connected to the 24-pin power, the 8-pin power, and the 4-pin power; all drives and graphics card are disconnected, so I have only a CPU and the minimum two of 4 memory sticks in the correct slots.
sriesch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sriesch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 8:11am
FYI with a BIOS USB3.1 stick I was able to complete the BOIS flashback procedure without getting the solid green error light. Not sure if it worked yet but it appears the older USB stick was preventing flashback.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic