ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Always booting into BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Always booting into BIOS
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:46pm
I seem to have made a change that means that whenever my Beebox N3150 boots up it always boots into the BIOS.

Can anybody advise how I can disable this?

Thanks.

Beebox N3150
ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:09pm
Disable UEFI boot or make an UEFI based OS install.
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

I seem to have made a change that means that whenever my Beebox N3150 boots up it always boots into the BIOS.

Thanks.

That normally happens when a UEFI/BIOS setting won't allow the board to boot, as you are experiencing.

You will need to clear the UEFI/BIOS on the board in your PC. I'm not sure how that is done on your PC, and I don't have time to check the manual right now, but I will later if you're not sure how to do that.
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by ASRock Expert ASRock Expert wrote:

Disable UEFI boot or make an UEFI based OS install.

I'm afraid that I don't get what you mean.

There is no option that I can see to disable UEFI boot.

The boot options show the Boot Option #1 to be my SATA SSD and whilst I am in the BIOS, when I select exit and save settings from the menu, Windows boots up as usual.

In terms of OS install is concerned I simply created a bootable USB stick that Windows installation ran from and I don't recall any information during the installation that differentiated between a UEFI based installation and any other type.

Beebox N3150
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

Thanks.

That normally happens when a UEFI/BIOS setting won't allow the board to boot, as you are experiencing.

You will need to clear the UEFI/BIOS on the board in your PC. I'm not sure how that is done on your PC, and I don't have time to check the manual right now, but I will later if you're not sure how to do that.

Thanks, I reset to default but it doesn't change anything and I had a look through the manual but could not find anything.

I have discovered something though and that this only happens when power to the unit is restored each day as I prefer to have all devices switched off completely when not in use.

If I restart when already booted into Windows or shutdown and restart again using the remote then the machine boots straight into Windows as normal.

Beebox N3150
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic