ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No LAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeolson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No LAN
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:38am
I would appreciate your help as I have lost internet.  The intel adapter states "THis device cannot start (10)" in Device Manager.  The Qualcomm adapter does not show up in Device Manager.  The Intel adapter was working fine this morning.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers off ASRock site for both adapters, twice.  The Qualcomm port seems dead (no lights).  The Intel is blinking green.  This is a relatively new build (two weeks) and everything is running at stock speeds and had been running with no issues.  No storms or power surges today.  Checked update history and no updates installed today. 
X99 OC Formula
32GB RAM

Thanks!

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:00pm
What is the Intel network port connected to, your router, or a network switch?

The network ports have two LEDs, one on each side, one for speed, the other indicating data transfer and link established. The LED on the bottom is the speed of the signal into the PC, and should be on continuously. The LED on top blinks when data is moving in or out.

If you only have one LED on, the bottom one, and it is blinking or on, then you aren't getting a signal from your router or switch. If the top LED is off, then there is no link established between the network chip and your router or switch.

Is a network cable connected to the Qualcomm network jack? If so, what is that cable connected to?

Both network chips can be enabled and disabled in the BIOS.

If you use Windows (no OS mentioned), did you open the Network and Sharing Center, or run the Troubleshooter, by right clicking on the network icon on the Taskbar?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:58pm
I would also recommend you run an anti Mallware app and antivirus. There are certain Malware apps that replace network driver files with edited/corrupted ones. I had a similar problem on my Athlon 5050e a few years back and it turned out to be mallware had hijacked my network settings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic