ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99E-ITX/ac - Maximum supported memory module size
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99E-ITX/ac - Maximum supported memory module size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99E-ITX/ac - Maximum supported memory module size
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:56pm
Hi,

I'm interested in buying the X99E-ITX/ac motherboard. It is stated on the specifications page (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99E-ITXac/?cat=Specifications) that the MB supports up to 32GB of memory only, even with Xeon E5 processors which can in principal handle 32GB and 64GB modules. Would the MB run with a pair of 32GB LRDIMM modules?

Thank you in advance.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:45pm
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We have tested the X99E-ITX/ac can supports LRDIMM 32GB *2 with Xeon series CPU with BIOS P1.12G.
This BIOS will be uploaded to website soon.

If any, please feel free to contact us.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

TIJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 8:48pm
That's a very good news! Thumbs Up Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.
Sqrfrk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrfrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:53am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

We have tested the X99E-ITX/ac can supports LRDIMM 32GB *2 with Xeon series CPU with BIOS P1.12G.
This BIOS will be uploaded to website soon.
Just to be clear, did you mean the LRDIMMs currently on market, the relatively new Samsung 32GB RDIMMs that just came out on market, or both?
TIJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Sqrfrk Sqrfrk wrote:

Just to be clear, did you mean the LRDIMMs currently on market, the relatively new Samsung 32GB RDIMMs that just came out on market, or both?
Well, I was talking about 32GB registered modules in general. However, it would be useful to know if the MB is compatible with these LRDIMMs from Samsung in particular.
Sqrfrk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrfrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:09am
Originally posted by TIJ TIJ wrote:

Well, I was talking about 32GB registered modules in general. However, it would be useful to know if the MB is compatible with these LRDIMMs from Samsung in particular.
Which is why I asked, the reply that ASRock gave seemed to be referring to LRDIMMs specifically Confused
TIJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:20pm

It's very likely that I'm gonna be satisfied with a couple of 16GB modules, the 32GB ones are rather expensive. Besides, there are hardly any non-server workloads which can benefit from having more than 32GB of RAM in the system.

I've just ordered the Xeon E5-2658 v3 CPU. Not for the full price of course, I'm just a mortal guy. Our Chinese friends had a very attractive offer...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic