ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

cpu fan not reading speed in hwinfo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wire11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cpu fan not reading speed in hwinfo
    Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
as hwinfo object (program) does not detect the fan speed of the CPU; I already tried other fans but with the same result; from bios speed it is still readable. detaching the fan, by attacking an 'other always the same attack on the motherboard, and hung up the first fan, reading seems visible again; but being a ploy unacceptable and unlikely to do this, ask for clarification about.
My mobo is an 990fx extreme 9 and cpu is a fx 8320e
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 9:52pm
There is no standard when it comes to motherboard sensors, the configuration can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and often from one model to the next. HWinfo and other 3rd party apps do their best to guess and usually get it right but not always. This is not a fault with your board, it is the monitoring app likely not assigning the correct sensor data for your CPU fan. Now if it is not reading correctly in BIOS that is another matter. You check for updates to the monitoring app you are using or try a different one.

Edited by Xaltar - 12 Dec 2015 at 9:53pm
Wire11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wire11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 9:57pm
i've yet try other program with same results. then i guess my fan peed control not work properly becouse the fans speed start spinning at max from another temperature and not from target temperature set in bios.
and the cpu fan speed is read in bios as NA and after 4 sec is read to effective rpm. while the other fan (chassis one) is read correctly from 0 sec in bios
in bios hardware monitor, che cpu1 fan speed is reading to n/a. after a while, the reading is correct, why? 
990fx extreme 9
Fx 8320e
Kingston savage 2133 MHz 8 Gb
HD 5450 ddr2
Windows 10 64 bit
Samsung 840 series
hwinfo not reading cpu fan speed, but if I install axtu (asrock extreme utility tuner), cpu fan speed pop up in hwinfo to 0 rpm. In bios the rpm is reading. Only with cpu fan1 the issue occours. Cpu fan 2 and the other chassis fan are reading in hwinfo. Please help me. Thancks

Edited by Wire11 - 19 Dec 2015 at 9:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic