ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM4 BIOS info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capsali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 11:57pm
Board model: Asock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax
BIOS version: 2.40
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM: 2 x 16GB Kingstone Fury 3200 MHz
GPU: Rx 7900 XTX

I had to revert to bios 2.30 since on version 2.40 PC kept hard shutoff when loading Windows (or any OS). It would post, but as soon as an OS started loading, it would shutdown. What is of interest here is that prior to installing the RX 7900 XTX, i had a RTX 2070 card which showed no problems on BIOS version 2.40. As soon as i installed the new card, everything went downhill.

On version 2.30 seems that everything is working properly.
Anyone with the same problem?

capsali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capsali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 12:02am
Originally posted by capsali capsali wrote:

Board model: Asock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax
BIOS version: 2.40
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM: 2 x 16GB Kingstone Fury 3200 MHz
GPU: Rx 7900 XTX

I had to revert to bios 2.30 since on version 2.40 PC kept hard shutoff when loading Windows (or any OS). It would post, but as soon as an OS started loading, it would shutdown. What is of interest here is that prior to installing the RX 7900 XTX, i had a RTX 2070 card which showed no problems on BIOS version 2.40. As soon as i installed the new card, everything went downhill.

On version 2.30 seems that everything is working properly.
Anyone with the same problem?

Forgot to mention: The shutoff only happens when setting the RAM to XMP profile at 3200. If left at base clock, the system boots as normal with rx 7900 xtx and bios 2.40
harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 2:48am
Board Model: Asrock B450M Pro 4
CPU: AMD Athlon 240GE
Bios Version: P 5.30
RAM: 2x 8Gb DDR4-2666 Kingston Fury

pc runs well, but i can't get recognised my pci-express geforce gt610 graphic card
alibri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alibri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 7:42pm
Board model: B550M-ITX/ac
BIOS version: 1.90
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: 2 x 8Gb G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GVKC

Latest bios on the download page. What is L-version for?
Dodgydruid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodgydruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 2:04am
Board model: A320M-HDV r4
BIOS version: 1.90
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 2 x 8Gb Corsair 2666 DDR4

Well, where to start on this stupid rabbit hole, seriously... W11 updated a couple weeks back and my BIOS has gone into super sluggish mode, 2 mins the Asrock screen shows and more often than not Windows starts and it takes 30 secs or more for Asrock screen to go away.

Went from approx 8-10 secs start to desktop to 2-3 mins.

So armed with a brand new USB stick I tried and found a whole new level of cobblers in computing (been doing this since late 70's) known as BIOS flashing, it does not matter what I try Instant Flash in UEFI or BIOS flash utility via F6 it says "Image not detected", I have turned off TMP settings, the PC sees the fast USB stick nicely, good throughput, quick format, slow format, redownloaded bios images... yeah I have been through thick and thin with Asrock but this motherboard sucks :(   Once it is in Windows it runs pretty well, seems a bit slower than usual just I am now not wanting to turn it off unless I really have to as it is slow slow slow and I jotted down the "click" when Windows actually starts and its only a few seconds.
Dodgydruid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodgydruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 5:53am
Well most ppl would run away and hide in shame but nope, my mistake I own it...

So.... A320MHDV... I had been getting my BIOS from the standard A320MHDV BIOS page when google put a link up to HDV R4 underneath the standard one and woops the BIOS for the R4 is not the same... so all my cussing at Asrock was pretty unfair on my part and apols...

Dilemma though the last BIOS install crashed so puter was taken to the kitchen worktop which is my PC workbench and I had to do a crash strip down, new 2032 cell (I'm a watchmaker I have whole boxes of batteries and decent quality ones too) clrcmos with a set of brass tweezers, installed a brand new cooler for the CPU as the thermal paste despite me doing it before Xmas was rock hard and only cheap Ali stuff so out with the decent stuff, dedust and just fired up back to normal, no slow BIOS loading.

Oh and my RX570 is throttling correctly, goes up from x8 to x16 when under the hammer so all good.

Can someone explain why Asrock put a disclaimer on the later BIOS's for Pinnacle, Raven ridge etc?   I mean all those listed as a bit of a no no is pretty much all the AM4 range.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:33pm
It just means that there are no specific enhancements for Pinnacle and Raven Ridge
in that BIOS version. In other words, no benefit to be had. It's mostly to help
prevent pointless BIOS updating. There was a trend of updating to every single new
BIOS version when Ryzen first launched and it caused issues. A lot of people mistakenly
thought that a BIOS update was an upgrade/free performance. If your system is
stable and working properly there is never any point in updating outside of
security feature updates when a new exploit comes to light.
Osdrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osdrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 11:43am
Board model: x570 Phantom Gaming 4
BIOS version: P5.01
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz (PC4-28800) CL18 ---TF4D416G3600HC18JDC01

Note: currently is running at 3200 CL 20 1.37 v and it's stable, unable to activate XMP and 3600Mhz CL18, it will not pass BIOS RAM trainning and it will restart with 2400Mhz speeds. I'm using DIMM slots _A2 and _B2 Tried A1 and B1 just in case same issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic