ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock M8 Unable to Power On.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kycir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock M8 Unable to Power On.
    Posted: 18 May 2015 at 5:27pm
I'm using the M8 Series 450W. 

CPU: Intel Core I7-4790S 3.2 GHz
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8G)
Fan: Noctua NH-L9i With Noctua NT-H1
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760

Issue first occurred right after I finished putting it together. Made sure nothing was loose except for the brown wire that slipped out of its socket for the audio slot. Flipped the psu switch and saw the ethernet port blinking for a brief second. Voltage pen picks up power in the case and motherboard appears to be recognizing power. Took it apart again then back together making sure everything else was seated properly and the A-Command is still unresponsive. Had my brother take a look at it, wiggled around some of the wires inside, flipped the psu switch and seated the power cable multiple times. After some attempts later the A-Command decided to respond and was able to boot. 

Unsure as to why it decided to work all of the sudden, I went ahead and install the usual Windows 7 and drivers for my hardware, ran some games and noticed my computer would randomly restart at random times which is really strange seeing how a 450W psu should be more than enough for a GTX 760 and a 4790S. The M8 ran like this for about a good three days until I decided to leave it on overnight to notice the same unresponsiveness occur again.

So now I've replicated the same procedures as before taking the M8 apart and back together testing it for power, but now I'm back to square one. I'm suspecting the motherboard may be faulty for the A-Command to power on the PC may have some sort of a bad connection.

Please help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 10:15pm
I have never worked with bare-bones systems so I wouldn't know what to tell you. If it were a normal home build I would suggest bench testing the motherboard outside of the case and make sure it isn't the power button or some other more obvious problem but I don't know if that would void some kind of warranty. I guess you will have to wait for tech support to respond. I would recommend contacting them directly rather than wait for a reply here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic