ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A300 Mini serious boot issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkgibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A300 Mini serious boot issues
    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 12:12am
Windows 10 1909 updated
Internal SATA SSD 1gb
2x8gb DDR4-2933MHz (Hynix)
Ryzen 5 3400G

About a month ago the unit was freezing, so I replaced the ram. That seemed to fix the issue.

Now when my son tries to turn it on sometimes it won't go on. So I erase the SSD and try installing windows.

Doesn't work. Now it gets to windows but freezes before going any further.

I updated the Bios to the Beta version thinking it was "Beta" than nothing (pun very much intended)

The next step is that I am swapping out the CPU... But I am seeing on this forum that other people seem to be having these types of issues. I am dropping in a Ryzen 3 2400g when is for another system build to see if its the processor.

just wanted to put this up here so that we can talk about this.
jkgibson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkgibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:49am
So looking at this forum and in other places looks like there are issues with the Ryzen 5 processors working well with the A300.

Pulled out the Ryzen 5, replaced it with a Ryzen 3... Works, works great, omg it boots and everything.

I am going to be getting another Motherboard and tower to place the Ryzen 5 into to test if it's the processor, but I am thinking that may not be an issue due to the number of issues listed here.

but hey... I am doing my due diligence to make sure that the CPU is working before running off and blaming AMD.

I will let you know the outcome of this in the next week or two.
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:41pm
Hello,

I don't understand, I make DeskMini A300 every day, also with the AX200

Do not know the problems.

It can happen that the CPU cannot handle the preprogrammed SoC voltage. There are quality differences between APUs.

Or the memory is not quite okay, then please check the memory with Memtest 8.4
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic