ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme4 bios change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vengeance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme4 bios change
    Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 4:59pm
What happened to the BCLK/PCIE ratio option in the bios? Is there a reason it was taken out? Is there another way to lock or underclock the pcie when overclocking the bclk?
I'm trying to overclock my Xeon E5-2603v3 and it will only increase it's speed/performance up until 105mhz bclk. Going higher than that makes it go back to stock speed and performance in the OS but it still displays as the higher speed in the bios. Temps only get to 40C when running 3dmark so it can't be thermal throttling. The voltage only goes up to 0.728 on auto according to HWinfo64; even if I set it to override in the bios at 0.800.
My GTX 770 also increases performance in 3dmark up until 105mhz bclk. As the bclk is raised higher than 105, the performance gets lower with each increase. I think being able to lock the pcie or change the bclk/pcie ratio might solve those problems.

Edited by vengeance - 22 Dec 2015 at 5:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic