ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

LAN driver crash all the time - fm2a78m-itx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablitto1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAN driver crash all the time - fm2a78m-itx
    Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 9:32am
Hi, Just bought a new pc, my MB is fm2a78m-itx.
SoFM2 ASROCK FM2A78M-ITX+ (Mini-ITX)
 It has interated qualcom  atheros LAN, atheros ar8171/8175 driver.
After building a pc, the river from this integrated ethernet card crash all the time. Windows verifier shows errors. I checked windows dump files, test driver with verifier, and can confirm 100% that this driver is causing the problem. Driver causing the issue: L1C63X64.SYS  Qualcomm Atheros Co., Ltd.
I use - windows 8.1 pro 64bit,
procesor:  AMD A8-Series APU A8-7670K Radeon R7 AMD Graphics Card
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s
optical drive: Samsung SH-224FB/RSMS 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA
case: Cooler Master RC-130-KKN1 Elite 130 "USB 3.0, Mini Cube Case, Liquid Cooler Support" Black
DDR ram: HyperX Savage 4 GB 2400 MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM XMP Memory Module

I tested ram with memtest, all good. When uninstall the driver, verifier pass the test.
Got the latest drivers. Even formatted the disc and have clean instalation, still the same. Is it possible that there is a faulty chip on MB?What can be wrong, and most important, how to fix it? If the mobo is faulty, I can return it to Amazon without hassle. I just ordered a usb wi fi dongle, as I need a pc working. But it is not right, that a bran new stuff doesnt work.. I spent lots of nights now trying to fix that, without result. I gave up now. If I wont be able to fix that myself, just return the MB, and will order different one, with different LAN device.
I read a lot about this driver, but no solution.

Please help..

Edited by pablitto1983 - 27 Dec 2015 at 9:33am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 10:17am
Put a link up to the driver you're using there please.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 11:01am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Put a link up to the driver you're using there please.

Is the drive in question the v2.1.0.21 ? That's the latest from Atheros for the 8171 and that's what ASRock has listed for 8.1x64 download area. If the ver you are using is older I highly suggest updating it.

Are you running the latest BIOS, 2.40 Dated Dec 22 2015 ?

Is the single stick you have in the proper slot according to your boards manual?

What speed do you have your memory running, and is the CPU running OC'd right alongside?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 11:09am
I don't see where Kingston has certified your memory for this particular board. Some Fury, but not No Savage.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Default.aspx?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASR&Line=Motherboard&Model=89247&Description=Kingston_ValueRam_Memory_HyperX_Memory_for_ASRock_Motherboard_FM2A78M-ITX

I'd first suggest you get some memory that's been qualified/certified for your motherboard.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:51pm
??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic