ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

cmp profile issue cpu oc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergiopsicologo91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cmp profile issue cpu oc
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:59pm
Good morning. Friends, I have a serious problem, or so I think. I have two 2 * 8 3600 dual channel RAM modules. When I activate the xmp profile of my Asus z390 phantom gaming 4 board, everything is perfect, it reaches the frequencies of 3600Mhz without stability problems, the problem arises when I perform a slight OC to my I5 9600K, it does not matter if it is to put all the cores (sync all cores) to 4.2; 4.5; 4.6 Ghz, the problem is that when Windows starts the CPU is all the time at the maximum frequency at which I left the overclock, even if there is no program open and I am only on the windows desktop, that is, the use of the cpu is at 1% and the frequency goes to 4.6 Ghz, for example. This only happens if I activate the xmp profile to the maximum of what these memories allow, that is 3600, it even happens if I leave it at 3400 or 3500, rather, this phenomenon occurs if I exceed 3000Mhz for the RAM.

However, when I lower the ram frequencies to 3000, the CPU frequencies go back to being dynamic according to% usage. I don't think this is normal, it should be dynamic even with 3600

Mhz of ram. Also the computer does not turn off when it is always at maximum frequency.

Notes: I already checked windows power consumption profile settings, but everything is in "balanced", normal.

Setup:

Rtx 2060 super msi gaming edition

PSU Gigabyte 650W 80+ bronze

Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2*8 3600 ddr4

I5 9600k
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic