ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z77 Pro,Etron USB 3.0 and Win10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlue72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z77 Pro,Etron USB 3.0 and Win10
    Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 7:14am
Hello,

i have an ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional and wanted to upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate 64bit to Win 10 Pro.
Before that i've tested this in a VM to check if all of my devices, like Logitech G940, Spacemouse Pro, headtracker with PS3 Cam and opentrack, software like simffb, throttlelights and sx2vjoy are fully working (i need this for CAD, Elite Dangerous and SC). Everything was fine.

So upgrading to Win 10 and there seems to be a massive problem with the Etron J188 USB 3.0 Controller. The Etron working fine under Win 7 with the whql driver 119, but under Win 10 i've got bluescreens and not working devices like my spacemouse pro. I think that was the reason, why i don't have this problem in the VM under Win7. It was the same with the Windows driver for the Etron Controller.

So for the moment i'm back to Win 7.

Has anyone experiences with this board and its Etron Controller under Win 10 and can give me some hints?

Thanks
Marcus
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 3:42pm
First off Etron pulled 119 from availability. I too had problems when they initially release it publicly. 119 is buggy as hell.

I have the EJ168 on my Z77 Extreme6.

Go HERE to d/l 118. It is stable on Win10x64 here. As was the in-the-box driver Microsoft provided inside my Win10 installation media.

Still, d/l and install 118. That should take care of those issues there for you.

IMPORTANT: Uninstall the old Etron driver FIRST! I can not stress that enough. Uninstall, reboot, then install 118. DO NOT perform an over the top driver install here.
OceanBlue72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlue72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 9:26pm
Thanks for your answer! I will try this on my next attempt to setup Win10.
I've thought that 119 was ok, because this works fine under Win 7, 118 too.

OceanBlue72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlue72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:29am
@wardog:
Thanks a lot! Now at my second attempt it works!

Marcus
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:43am
Originally posted by OceanBlue72 OceanBlue72 wrote:

@wardog:
Thanks a lot! Now at my second attempt it works!

Marcus

Handshake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic